Beyond plastic

Tell your representative: Support the Break Free From Plastic Pollution Act

PickPik | Public Domain

Every 16 hours, our country throws away enough plastic to fill the NFL’s largest football stadium — and the problem is only getting worse. The reality is, only 5% of plastic waste was ever recycled in 2021. The other 95% wound up in landfills, incinerators and in our environment.

But there’s a solution.

U.S. Sen. Jeff Merkley (Ore.) and U.S. Rep. Jared Huffman (Calif.) recently reintroduced the Break Free From Plastic Pollution Act, which would phase out single-use plastics, invest in more robust recycling and composting programs, establish sensible recycling standards, and shift the burden of waste management from taxpayers to plastic producers.

That’s why we’re counting on you to raise your voice. Tell your U.S. House representative to support the Break Free From Plastic Pollution Act and curb unnecessary and wasteful plastics.


Send a message